Download the admissions form and return it to the school office
It is our intention to make our setting accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community through open, fair and clearly communicated procedures.
In order to achieve this aim, we operate the following admissions policy:
- We ensure that the existence of our setting is widely advertised in places accessible to all sections of the community.
- We ensure that information about our setting is available, in written and spoken form, and where appropriate in more than one language. Where necessary we will provide information in Braille, through signing or an interpreter.
- We arrange our waiting list in birth order. In addition our policy may take into account siblings already attending, and the vicinity of the home to the setting.
- We keep a place vacant, if this is financially viable, in order to accommodate an emergency admission.
- We describe our pre-school and its practices in terms which make it clear that it welcomes both fathers and mothers, other relations and other carers, including childminders.
- We describe our pre-school and its practices in terms of how it treats each child and their family, having regard to their needs arising from their gender, special educational needs, disabilities, social background, religion, ethnicity or from English being a newly acquired second language.
- We describe our pre-school and its practices in terms of how it enables children and/or parents with disabilities to take part in the life of the setting.
- We monitor the gender and ethnic background of children joining the group to ensure that our intake is representative of social diversity.
- We make our equal opportunities policy widely known.
- We consult with families about the opening times of the pre-school to ensure we accommodate a broad range of family needs.
- We are flexible about attendance patterns to accommodate the needs of individual children and families.
- We will continue to consult with and involve local parents/carers to ensure that the group goes on meeting the changing needs of our local community.